Friday, September 28, 2012

Boundaries | Do you have any?


Over time and through much experience, we eventually learn where our boundaries are.  Most often they are not where they should be, but certainly there.  In some cases, we've failed to set boundaries that our friends respect, or that our children respect, our spouses, out parents, our co-workers, and the list can go on and on.  This is not something we've done intentionally, it just happens.  My mom, my sisters and I have challenged each other and ourselves to go deeper, by reading and discussing Boundaries, by Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend.  As I work through this with my family, I will also blog about myself.  I know that I have a lot to learn in this area, being the mother of an adult child and an elementary school age child, I can see areas where I had no boundaries with the first child and where suddenly I know there should be a boundary with the second child. 

So, my question to you is, do you have any boundaries?  I challenge you to take this journey with us!  Discover your boundaries, or lack thereof.

You can buy the book from Barnes & Noble, Amazon and many other retailers.

I look forward to this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment